November is an exciting month for MMA with many exciting bouts on tap. Here are the best fights of the month…
13. Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson – UFC 106 – Nov. 21
Someone is going to sleep in this one. Can Johnson fight the elites of the UFC?
12. Leonard Garcia vs. Manny Gamburyan – WEC 44 – Nov. 11
A potential slugfest. Both guys look to get in the title picture again.
11. Jorge Gurgel vs. Billy Evangelista – ShoMMA – Nov. 6
This fight does not have a huge impact on the world of MMA or even the Strikeforce lightweight title picture, but Gurgel always brings it and that means excitment.
10. Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy – UFC 105 -Nov. 14
This fight is for the number one contender spot and that carries enough storyline. Swick has the experience edge, but Hardy is no slouch. Willa Brit finally get a title shot?
9. Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou – Strikeforce – Nov. 7
Mousasi is the clear favorite and this makes the list just because Mousasi is exciting and fun to watch.
8. Fabricio Werdum vs. Antonio Silva – Strikeforce – Nov. 7
A great stylistic match between two great ground fighting heavyweights. This fight could be a Fight of the Year candidate as both guys seem evenly matched.
7. Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin – UFC 106 – Nov, 21
A re-match of a great fight a few years back. The return of Ortiz. The return of Forrest Griffin after his loss to Anderson Silva. A lot of storylines, but we have to wonder if the fight will deliver and live up to the hype. I’d say it does as both guys want this win.
6. Jorge Santiago vs. Mamed Khalidov – Sengoku 11 – Nov. 7
A non-title fight, but still good. Santiago the champ will face highly toutted Khalidov. This could be a classic. I think Khalidov sees this as his chance to make it really big.
5. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luis Cane – UFC 106 – Nov. 21
Not getting a huge amount of attention, but this is the best fight on UFC 106. Two top 10 light heavyweights collide and move one step closer to the UFC title. Plus the debut in the UFC of the other Nogueira. Exciting fight here folks.
4. Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo – WEC 44 – Nov. 11
This fight is exciting. I believe the WEC featherweight division is one of the most exciting in all MMA. Aldo is a quick and serious striker. Will he be able to walk through Brown like he has everyone else?
3. Jake Shields vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller – Strikeforce – Nov. 7
Shields is a tough dude, especially at 170 lbs. Now he moves up to 185 to try to get the title. How will he fair against the well-rounded “Mayhem”? Will he be able to submit Miller? Interesting to watch and certainly not a gimme for Shields.
2. Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera – UFC 105 – Nov. 14
Randy dropping to 205 to make a run at the light heavyweight title. Enough said. Vera has been less than stellar since dropping to 205, but he will hope to out strike the MMA legend, which is no easy task.
1. Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Roger – Strikeforce – Nov. 7
The reason this is the best fight is because of Fedor. Not to mention the event will air on CBS. People will be curious to see if Rogers can KO Fedor. Also, the other storyline has to be the fact that the last time MMA was on CBS was when Kimbo got KO’d. If fedor loses this fight somehow it would hurt Strikeforce. However, it is good to see a real MMA fight with real credentials being promoted.