If the UFC or Bellator are looking for bantamweight prospects to add to their roster, here are the 5 most big show ready 135ers in the world….
1. Aljamain Sterling – Sterling is the top bantamweight prospect in the world. In my opinion, he is a can’t miss guy. He will fight in August and then he should be UFC ready.
2. Sirwan Kakai – When the UFC went to Sweden, I was blown away that they did not sign Sirwan Kakai for that card. There is no doubt he is on the radar. I would expect him to be strongly looked at in the near future.
3. Jimmie Rivera – Rivera had a chance in the Ultimate Fighter, but lost in the elimination round. I still believe Rivera has tons of potential. He is the King of the Cage and Ring of Combat champion. He will fight in September for Ring of Combat and if he wins there he could get a chance in the UFC.
4. Josh Hill – Hill may not quite be ready for the UFC. However, it could be a great place for him to develop. In my opnion he is one win away from a trip to the UFC. He will fight John Fraser on August 25th. If Hill wins, he will be the best bantamweight prospect in Canada and will probably be UFC or Bellator bound.
5. Kyoji Horiguchi – I am not sure how well he would do in the UFC, but he has potential to be a different type of Japanese fighter. He trains with Kid Yamamoto. He has power in his hands. He could be a guy seriously on the UFC radar.