The UFC middleweight division is better than ever. It also appears that there is no shortage of talent coming up among the prospects. In fact, I think there are several guys who are ready and could perform in the UFC or Bellator right now
1. Antonio Braga Neto – Braga Neto is one of the top jiu jitsu players in the world and he has already built an impressive MMA resume. He has wins over UFC veterans Brock Larson and Maiquel Falcao. Currently, Neto is nursing a knee injury which will sideline him through 2012, but he should be ready to fight again in 2013. When he is ready he should be in a big time promotion.
2. Tim Williams – Williams is 7-0 and has looked good against decent competition including UFC veteran Andre Gusmao. Williams has also finished every one of his opponents, which certainly puts an exclamation point on a nice record.
3. Michal Materla – This KSW product has spoken about wanting to be in the UFC and he may soon get his chance. He has beaten some solid opponents as well. I would expect Materla to fight one more time under the KSW banner with a UFC trip on the line.
4. Sean Strickland – Strickland has been impressive as he piled upa 9-0 MMA record. Granted, he hasn’t fought the competition as some of the other mdidleweight prospect, he has still looked solid. I think he could compete in the UFC middleweight division.
5. Ildemar Alcantara – Its quite possible that he will join his brother in the UFC before too long. Alcantara has a fight coming up soon and a win may get him in the UFC as well
Others: Jason South, Benjamin Brinsa, Claudio Henrique da Silva, Michel Trator Prazeres